The Energy Party tries to fight obesity in childhood as well as possible. In the U.S. we are surrounded by fast-food-chains like Mc Donalds, Burger King etc. It is our concern to protect particulary children from all this pressure and show them the healthier and wiser eating-habits. But in the end it is the parents responsibility. The Energy Party addresses the parents to change their behave with food and health of themselves and their children. Parents should be the model for their children and so they should face their responsibility and should do the first step to a better and healthier future.
i think that fighting big fast food chains is not the way to go about it but to start a program or group helping parents eat healthier and exercise and help them teach there child that its healthier and can taste better than fast food.
ReplyDelete-Jeremy
I think that simply letting parnets educate there kids isn't always enough. Currently parents know the dangers of fast food and unhealthy eating, but the obiesity rate is still rising. I think that we need to pass bills that raise taxes on some of the most unhealthy foods, to first off deal with obiesity in children, and another plus to enfocing "sin taxes" is it will help our nation combat the national debt.
ReplyDeleteI think there are some good points here. The government really isn't in control of what people eat, nor should they be. I think it does come down to the parents and how they feel or the individual, because if they want their kids to eat there no one should say they can't. I do also believe though that the government should have some involvement in this issue. Such as regulating the things fast food places put in their foods. I think they should have a regulation on the amount of fats, sugars and salts added to the food. I think an individual and government balance is needed.
ReplyDelete