Our biggest issue is creating and maintaining use of more environmentally friendly energy sources. We plan to help use geothermal, nuclear, biomass, and tidal energy sources. We think this is important because we will be helping save to environment. This will also help create jobs and use more effective ways to use energy.
We will help this by giving money to the companies. This will be very helpful to create jobs and help get our economy back on track. We will also try to help create companies that the govenment will support. This can be a big step in alternate energy.
I do not agree with this because giving money to the companies would not solve anything. The government actually needs to make laws prohibiting carbon emissions.
ReplyDeleteI don't agree with this because if we keep giving the companies all this money, what does the common american have left? Yes, it will creat jobs, but if something goes wrong at, let's say a nuclear power plant, how many people would really survive?
ReplyDeleteAlso, you cannot use geothermal, nuclear, biomass, and tidal energy sources and not expect it to have an impact on the enviornment.
Giving money to the companies? That's like a father giving a credit card to the average teenage girl and telling her "now don't spend it all in one place =)". How will the government make sure that they will solely spend it on helping the enviroment and renewable energy sources? I agree with Malachy. They need to make actual restrictions.
ReplyDeleteI don't agree with this because we don't want companies to have a lot of power. I agree that we need cleaner sources of energy to reduce polution. 60% of our oil comes from foreign counrties. If we started to produce cleaner enrgy the profit we would get would come back to us, boosting our economy.
ReplyDeleteI do agree with this. I think our government does need to shy away from unclean energy sources. I think if we switch over too fast then the jobs in the current energy industry will be lost and that is the opposite of what our nation needs right now. I think it needs to be a gradual change and there needs to be a specific plan by the government to get us there so the plan stays on track.
ReplyDelete